Quote Baby

Every now and then, I just produce these gems of observation. Some of them even sound like they're lifted from other people. Who knows? Life happens, I experience and I comment!

Search Term:

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ode To A Minimum-Wage Employee



Popped in for a coffee to go
I could see your eyes soft and glistening
Sweet angel, don't despair
The stars really are listening

You can't afford high-speed access
Much less wireless
But your efforts are so pure,
True and tireless

They tell you the customer is always right
When we both know they are almost always wrong
The bell will toll for thee, exiled princess
And you will be singing the best song

While the masses complain about cold coffee,
For eight-dollars an hour, you force an apologetic smile
Don't worry, pretty baby
There are rewards at the end of that extra mile

Keep your chin up and your head nobly high
Your true destiny lies beyond this greasy pit stop
For this is no lie,
You are the true hero and you're headed to the top

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touching, but maybe a little too cutesy:)

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess most of us can relate to working in a low-paying job, but I actually loved my time at Wendy's when I was in high school!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate to disappoint you, but not all minimum-wage employees are "sweet angels" or "princesses"!

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

charming, sweetie, but it doesn't help pay my bills. i want money, that's what i want

 

Post a Comment

<< Home